The British Columbia Agricultural Exposition Society is proud to award bursaries to Senior 4-H Members and
4-H Alumni who are pursuing a post-secondary education program. One to four $1000.00 bursaries will be awarded, depending on number of applications and funding. As a Society we value the importance of post-secondary education and are pleased to offer this opportunity for financial support.
Senior BC 4-H Members currently enrolled in or planning to attend a post-secondary education program may apply- A BC 4-H Alumni may only be awarded the bursary once.
1) Personal and 4-H Information:- Name, address, email and phone number- Tell us about yourself- Indicate if you are applying for Regular Bursary or Alumni Bursary.
2) 4-H Information:- Number of years in 4-H, your Club and any positions held within the club- Achievements within the 4-H program (badges, awards, senior skills certificates)- Conferences & programs attended (Club Week, Food for Thought, Youth Action etc.)- What has the 4-H program done for you?- Include any volunteer activities- Additional information about your time in 4-H.
3) Post-Secondary Education Information- Provide acceptance letter from University, College or Trade School- Educational goals.
Any other information the applicant wishes to share is welcome.
Selection Committee:- The Selection Committee will be made up of no less than 3 current members of the BC Agricultural Expo Society- Once all applications are received, the Committee will meet to review the applications and choose the candidate(s) they feel will most benefit from the bursary.
Deadline for Applications:- September 1st of each calendar year- Funds will be released upon receipt of the successful applicants first transcript
Applications can be mailed to BC Ag Expo Box 1082, Barriere, BC V0E 1E0 or emailed to: email@example.com
Sealin Creek Heifer Award
This award is sponsored by Dan & Janette Speller of the Sealin Creek Ranch. Sealin Creek Ranch donates a heifer to the 4-H beef member exhibiting a female project who scored the highest aggregate at BC Ag Expo. The deserving member who wins this award must exhibit the heifer at the following BC Ag Expo either as the member's 4-H project, or in the open division. In order to be eligible, members are required to submit a letter to Dan Speller stating their intent to compete for the heifer and that they agree to show the heifer at next year's Expo if won.
2022 Winner - Jean MaCaulay
Saanich Peninsula 4-H Club
Daren Brady Memorial Fund
These cash prizes and certificates are presented to the two 11 year old members from any division who have achieved the highest overall scores at Kamloops District Rally and the BC Ag Expo combined. The prize money is split 60% for first place and 40% for second. This money is re-invested until the members' 19th birthday.
Top two 11 year olds for 2022
Noah Sherwood & Lee Fraser
Clayton Smailes Memorial Award
This award is presented to a member of the Kamloops & District Junior Council who actively participated in the yearly activities, fundraising and was involved with planning and attending Junior Camp. This recipient will display organizational skills, leadership and be enthusiastic about the events. The award is voted on by the members and leaders of the Kamloops & District 4-H Junior Council and presented at the banquet.
Four Corners 4-H Club
Kay Puhallo Memorial Bursary
One or two $500 Bursaries awarded to Senior 4-H members who are enrolled in a post secondary education program to assist with education costs.
· 4-H member must be enrolled in a post secondary education program and will attend the program the same year as they receive the award.
· Member will be in good standing and actively participating with a 4-H Club that attends the BC Agricultural Expo.
· The 4-H member will participate in the BC Agricultural Expo in the year the scholarship is awarded.
Member will apply for the scholarship by submitting the following information:
· Name, age, years in 4-H, Club(s), projects and achievements
· Post Secondary Academic/Trades Program they are enrolled in
· A written description of their educational goals
· Other achievements outside of the 4-H program
· Name and phone number of their current 4-H Leader
The bursary will be awarded based on the member's 4-H achievements as well as their citizenship and leadership qualities.
The Bursary application must be received no later than September 1st
The Puhallo Family will choose the 4-H Member(s) they feel will benefit the most from the bursaries; they will be awarded each year to assist with education costs. The bursary will be given to the 4-H members at the BC Agricultural Expo Banquet to acknowledge the bursary and its recipients.
Applications are to be forwarded to: Julieanne Puhallo-Brown
Congratulations to the
2022 Draw Winners of the
BC Purebred Sheep Breeders Association Awards
$250 Certificate towards the purchase of a Purebred Female
Congratulations to the Winners
of the 2021
BC Hereford Association
$50 - Hereford Female
$50 - Hereford Steer
Roy Wai Memorial Award
This award is presented to a 4-H senior member who exhibited exceptional citizenship. This member is a dedicated senior member who enjoys helping other members, displays leadership qualities and shows genuine showmanship. Each year the award is voted on by all members of the BC Ag Expo.
2022 Winner Riley Knoll