The British Columbia Agricultural Exposition Society is proud to award bursaries to Senior 4-H Members who are pursuing a post-secondary education program. One to four $1000.00 bursaries will be awarded, depending on number of applications and funding. As a Society we value the importance of post-secondary education and are pleased to offer this opportunity for financial support.
- Senior BC 4-H Members currently enrolled in or planning to attend a post secondary education program may apply
- Senior members may only be awarded the bursary once
1) Personal and 4-H Information:
- Name, address, email and phone number
- Tell us about yourself
2) 4-H Information:
- Number of years in 4-H, your Club and any positions held within the club
- Achievements within the 4-H program (badges, awards, senior skills certificates)
- Conferences & programs attended (Club Week, Food for Thought, Youth Action etc.)
- What has the 4-H program done for you?
- Include any volunteer activities
- Additional information about your time in 4-H
3) Post-Secondary Education Information
- Provide acceptance letter from University, College or Trade School
- Educational goals
Any other information the applicant wishes to share is welcome.
- The Selection Committee will be made up of no less than 3 current members of the BC
Agricultural Expo Society
- Once all applications are received, the Committee will meet to review the applications and
choose the candidate(s) they feel will most benefit from the bursary
- The bursary or bursaries will be awarded at the BC Ag Expo banquet
Deadline for Applications:
- September 1 of each calendar year
- Funds will be released upon receipt of the successful applicants first transcript
Applications can be mailed to address below or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Ag Expo Box 1082, Barriere, BC V0E 1E0
Sealin Creek Heifer Award
This award is sponsored by Dan & Janette Speller of the Sealin Creek Ranch. Sealin Creek Ranch donates a heifer to the 4-H beef member exhibiting a female project who scored the highest aggregate at BC Ag Expo. The deserving member who wins this award must exhibit the heifer at the following BC Ag Expo either as the member's 4-H project, or in the open division. In order to be eligible, members are required to submit a letter to Dan Speller stating their intent to compete for the heifer and that they agree to show the heifer at next year's Expo if won.
2020 Winner - Riley Babty, Armstrong 4-H Beef Club
Daren Brady Memorial Fund
These cash prizes and certificates are presented to the two 11 year old members from any division who have achieved the highest overall scores at Kamloops District Rally and the BC Ag Expo combined. The prize money is split 60% for first place and 40% for second. This money is re-invested until the members' 19th birthday.
Clayton Smailes Memorial Award
This award is presented to a member of the Kamloops & District Junior Council who actively participated in the yearly activities, fundraising and was involved with planning and attending Junior Camp. This recipient will display organizational skills, leadership and be enthusiastic about the events. The award is voted on by the members and leaders of the Kamloops & District 4-H Junior Council and presented at the banquet.
Kay Puhallo Memorial Bursary
One or two $500 bursaries are presented to Sr. 4-H members participating at BC Ag Expo who are enrolled in post secondary education. These members must be in good standing and actively participating with their 4-H club. The bursary is awarded based on the member's achievements as well as their citizenship and leadership qualities. Applications are due August 1st annually and can be found on the BC 4-H website or by email:
2020 Winner is Danielle Ciriani
Tod Mountain 4-H Club
Roy Wai Memorial Award
This award is presented to a 4-H senior member who exhibited exceptional citizenship. This member is a dedicated senior member who enjoys helping other members, displays leadership qualities and shows genuine showmanship. Each year the award is voted on by all members of the BC Ag Expo.
Congratulations to the
2020 Draw Winners of the
BC Purebred Sheep Breeders Association Awards
$250 Certificate towards the purchase of a Purebred Female
$50 Certificate for the
Champion Ewe Lamb of the
2020 Virtual Fair
Congratulations to the Winners
of the 2020
BC Hereford Association
$50 - Hereford Female
$50 - Hereford Steer